Thursday, April 19, 2018

Pictures Liberia travels

More wall writings from village homes.  This home was decorated on all sides.

Elder Teerlink asked if this was a church--it was.  He decided to see what the bell sounded like--it was LOUD!  He thought maybe people would come running to worship!

Above and below, another one of Andy's Village/Chico drilled wells.  I like how he put permanent reminders on the wall to keep the place clean.
I like how there is pea gravel all around the well to keep it cleaner.  Such beautiful work!


I can't tell if this is a sister carrying her brother, or a mom--it is hard to tell.  I thought she was young because she was short.

I was trying to get a picture of his Cub Scout hat!

They make good use of their bamboo with this lovely piece of furniture.  I tried it; it was actually comfortable.

I rarely get a picture of children all waiting for it, but some of the men organized them.

Since pineapples grow only one to a bush and take a long time to grow, it was especially nice to get offered 3 pineapples for our group.

A pretty mom and her girls.

We thought this was some cool architecture for a mud, thatched roofed hut.

Above and below: the dining room above and the kitchen below in a hut not attached to their house.


More writings on the walls.  All 3 of these are the same house. 

Pretty cool, huh?

With Sister Teerlink

As we drove I snapped this picture.  They light the jungle on fire and let it burn till it stops; then they make charcoal out of the wood to use and to sell.  It is awfully devastating-looking, but then there is way more green than there is of a burned out section. 

I had to trudge through tall weeds with uneven ground, and over some loose rocks to get this picture.  It wasn't that it was far because it wasn't; it's just that I stumbled along making a fool of myself again as I had done earlier on the trail to look at where the people got their water.  I figure they felt I couldn't possibly stay on my feet!  But this picture was worth the embarrassment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment